“Sea Design Contest” conceived and organized by the Tigullio Design District in synergy with Nautic One, is the first international competition dedicated to all students of the design faculties for nautical and industrial design who together will have the opportunity to compare and challenge each other in finding the best ideas and solutions for the marine environment. The 2022 edition, many new Italian design talents challenge each other with projects oriented in particular to the major themes related to the sea. Thanks to this extraordinary experience, for the next edition the "Sea Design Contest 2023" becomes international, opening the competition to all students and recent graduates from around the world, supported by a new technical partner such as Desall, the most important international platform for creative contests with its network on the world of design.
For the correct implementation of your proposals, please keep in mind the following guidelines:
The Sea Design Contest has three categories:
- Nautical Design: yachts, super yachts, motor boats, sports boats, rafts, sails, etc. up to futuristic boats, new solutions for boats and concept yachts.
- Industrial Design: nautical cleats, on-board equipment, diving fins, diving masks, kayaks, jet skis, buoys, innovative nautical materials, furnishings for boats, gadgets, water fun products, technical clothing, beachwear, etc..
- Design for All: projects dedicated to the world of disability in aquatic contexts, services for the marine/outdoor world that feature a social component, products and services for those who experience the marine environment - on board, on land and on the beach - with difficulty due to disability.
Submissions that will take into consideration aspects related to sustainability, innovation, functionality, refinement of materials and aesthetics, and which will show particular attention to presentation, will be evaluated with a higher score.
Participants shall be the official owners of submitted projects and hold all pertaining rights including that of economic exploitation. Both unpublished projects and projects that have been already published or conceived on other occasions are accepted.
In the evaluation of your submissions the Sponsor will take the following criteria into account:
Eligibility and submission criteria
Participation is free and open to students and young graduates of any nationality, aged 18 or older. Participants will be able to present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the website www.desall.com, from the upload page relating to the contest will be accepted.
Participants must comply with the following criteria and steps:
1- Be a student or a recent graduate student
2- Create an account at https://desall.com/Signup
3- Activate the account by clicking on the activation link received by email
4- Follow the social networks of Tigullio Design District, Nautic One and Desall (@tigulliodesigndistrict @nauticone @desallcom) to stay updated on all the news relating to the contest and the subsequent phases.
5- Upload one or more projects through the official upload page on desall.com.
The three winners (one winner for each category) will enjoy the following visibility and networking benefits:
- Participation in the online awards ceremony of the 2023 edition.
- Publication of their project on desall.com, on the Tigullio Design District website and on Nautic One's social networks, Facebook and Instagram.
- An interview with the contest organizers.
- The inclusion of their profile in the press releases relating to the event.
- The opportunity to participate as a special guest in the 2024 edition of the Tigullio Design District alongside some of the best designers in the world.
- Participation with a digital content (e.g. video dedicated to the creation and description of the winning project) at the Tigullio Design District in 2024.
- The opportunity to network and connect with companies and professionals in the nautical sector for future collaborations.
The Jury for 2023 is; Anna Borla, Claudio Carmosino, Davide Scomparin, Gian Paolo Nari, Isabel Francoy, Mauricio Cardenas Laverde, Massimo Rosati, Roberto di Stefano and Tommaso Piazzolla, all professionals in the nautical and design sector.
CEO and Creative Director | Anna Borla Design & Yachts
Business Director | Daily Nautica
CEO e Founder | Desall
Gian Paolo Nari
Architect, Yacht Designer | Gian Paolo Nari Yacht Design
Founder, Architect and Designer | Isabel Francoy
Mauricio Cardenas Laverde
Founder | Studio Cardenas Conscious Design
Architect, Journalist and Founder | Design Street magazine
Roberto Di Stefano
Interior Designer | Roberto Di Stefano Design Studio
Founder and Creative Director | “Nautic One”